Monday, December 05, 2005

Recuperating

Hey everyone,

Now that I am over my initial anger over the blocking of Flickr by UAE internet company, I guess written words are still very strong and powerful. They cannot block the words, can they? Hahaha! Also because Secret Diary Dubai is Blogger based, and that blog is too well known for UAE to block blogger, so as long as blogger exists I am happy.

There have been sooo much happening I want to share with you all in one go, but I will whet your appettite by giving you a small peek into what you can expect from my writing in the near future.

1. My trip to the earthquake affected areas-- too bad I cannot share the pictures now, they were truly amazing pictures, and even more truly amazing moments spent with the people there.

2. The death of my grandfather- a very profound moment for everyone, and why the funeral resembled a wedding party.

3. The horrible food bug that I caught on my last day there, causing me to vomit from the hour before we left home for the airport (I still remember vomiting in the plane's bathroom just few seconds before take-off!) I was hospitalized when I came here to Dubai and just got out two days ago.

Of course the erthquake posts will be spread over a series of articles and not one because there are too many things to talk about, all my observations, the difference between reality and what media portrays etc.

The pen is mightier than the sword, but a picture is worth a thousand words. Oh how I wish I could get to access my flickr account and post pictures. *sigh*

Take care you all,

Mansour

No comments:

Powered By Blogger