Thursday, May 25, 2006

American Idol 2006 :: Finale

Hello friends,

American Idol season 5 is finally over. I just finished watching the repeat of the show, and I am covered with goosebumps as I saw all the top 12 finalists come on stage and sing amazing songs.

I followed American Idol for the first time last year in 2005 and it was a lot of fun, especially as I following the show with my very good friend in Riyadh! The finale last year literally gave me goosebumps as I heard Carrie Underwood sing Angels Brought Me Here. So, I was equally as excited as her when American Idol was showing this year!

Katherine McPhee and Taylor Hicks were two favorites right from the beginning. There were couple of shocks elimination too, namely Chris Daughtry, that too on my birthday!

American Idol is one of the best reality show out there, but the nicest thing about is that its a clean, fun show to watch. There is no backstabbing, gossiping, romance like you see in all the other shows. You don't see the singers on Idol behind the scenes, except when they are practicing their music. Each week, we would see the people sing, and the following day see who America voted out. Each passing week saw an increase of voters. For the finale, 63.3 million people voted, and that's more than any American president ever received, which goes to show how popular the show is.

I had such an amazing time watching the two hour finale, and I think my friend who shared the journey with me over the last so many weeks, will testify to the fact how emotional the show is, with moments making you laugh out loud and moments that gets right to your heartstrings (Elliott and his mom being one!)

I am sad American Idol has ended, now I will have to wait for another year. To those who think this show is just another talent show, think again, because every single winner, including the runner up, have sold more than 3 million copies, with Kelly Clarkson (winner season 1) racking up two Grammys this year.

So friends, this year, the winner is Taylor Hicks, who has performed consistently over the season, and I will be the first one out there to buy his album. Having said that, I am also a huge fan of the runner up, Katherine McPhee, and I will buy her album too!

(L-R: Katherine, Carrie (season 4 winner), Taylor-winner 2006)


Mansur

No comments:

Powered By Blogger