Thursday, December 28, 2006

Parking Ticket

Hey friends,

I got a parking ticket on my car in the morning as I left. I was so upset because in the 10 years of my driving, I have never received a parking ticket, a fine or even an accident. I was so proud of my skills as a competent driver, never even getting something as minor as a fender bender. I think it has something to do with my motor and observational skills compensating for my loss of hearing. You know how they say blind people have a better sense of smell. One of the senses makes up for the loss of another sense.

Anyways, back to the traffic fine ticket. It's all in Arabic, being in Sharjah, its understandable. But EVERYTHING is in Arabic. How am I supposed to know why I am fined? I went to the Sharjah Police website to feed in my fine number and it shows up as saying that the record is not on file. So, in other words, I am not fined or what? I had someone check this parking ticket, and he said it's not even your car. This ticket is for a car from Khorfakkan, and even the license plate number is not matching up to yours. So how come I saw this wedged between my windshielf and wiper? Maybe someone else stuck it up here from their car.

Phew, I was so relieved. So this ticket turned out to be some other car and not mine as the license plate noted on the ticket doesnt match to mine. I can now go back to saying that I am fine-tickets free now.

Mansur

UPDATE: the ticket is for my car, however, the police officer wrote down the wrong numbers off the licence plate. Silly him. Now I don't know if I should pay or not.

No comments:

Powered By Blogger