Sunday, March 04, 2007

Sushi...

Hello friends,

My sister was here this last one week and I was busy hanging out with her. I was also busy going around for various job interviews, and thankfully got a job with Tatweer, which is part of Dubai Holdings. I would be working at the Global Village Office, and it was a pretty intense interview, considering the interviwer was the CEO himself. I am hoping to start soon, and am just waiting for them to call me back and let me know where and when I can start.

In the meantime, I did some fun things with my sister. We went to the Jumeirah Beach and got ourselves a tan, although the weather was not apt to get a tan as its still windy and all. There were two things that I did that were the most fun.

1. The Karaoke Experience. While I have done karaoke before with my work colleagues, my sister took center stage and did her rendition of Can't Fight The Moonlight, as made popular by Leann Rimes. She didn't want to do it alone, so she asked another young man there, with excellent singing skills, to join in with her and they both sang that song. It was fun to see my sister doing something that I had never seen before.

2. Yo Sushi! The well known Sushi place, originating out of the UK with a branch here in Bur Juman Center, Dubai. I have never had sushi before, and the very thought of it puts me off. Why have raw fish? Why have anything raw? Well, it turned out to be a very pleasant experience. As we were sitting on the stools, with a high countertop, we were able to see the small plates with a colored ring around the plate, passing before our eyes on the converyer belt. The whole deal was that each color was coordinated with a price. So the green circled plate was 11dhs, and the purple one was something like 20dhs or so, with a range of them in between. I had my first ever taste of sushi, and it wasn't bad after all. I had it with rice and soya sauce, and so these two extras made it up for the lack of taste of sushi that was.

All in all, a fun filled trip. The only thing left for me to do is to move into my new apartments, which Nakheel delayed yet again for another 2 weeks.

Mansur

No comments:

Powered By Blogger