Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Disillusioned with People in Lahore

Hey everyone,

I just thought I'd let everyone know how pissed off I am at people here in Lahore. When in the month of fasting people are supposed to be more patient, restrained and calm, its the exact opposite. People are rude, nasty and plain mean, whether he be a post-man completely refusing to do his work because he is thirsty, or a guy who is blocking my way on the road because he is late for his appointment, to the beggars who curse me when I don't pay them anything, and the list can go on and on.

I am so disappointed with the decency and civic sense of many people here, and I can understand that their education didn't prepare them to have common sense when dealing with other people. These people I can understand as being illiterate and so I let them get away with their indecency, but it's the people who are in suits/ well dressed who display such attitudes that shock and disgust me. I have had several arguments with such people who think they own the roads or the ground they are walking on. Such people need to be treated with utmost severity, but then again, this is Lahore; these very people may have connections with higher up people who can kill me for interfering in their so called busy lives! The only way we can restart the entire nation with a clean slate is to nuke the country of Pakistan!

I am very disillusioned with the people of Lahore. Honest.

I also very upset that I cannot make any effort to change the system. Either I make a stronger attempt to change the things around me at least, or I just go along with the system and become like one of them (don't worry, I can't be like them, so I will stick to my guns and continue to educate and train the people who come into contact with me to do things the proper way- like don't enter the elevators until all the people have left from inside!)

Mansur

No comments:

Powered By Blogger