Friday, May 20, 2011

Burning Hot Sun

Hey you all, 


The temperature in Lahore has hit a high of 44 degrees centigrade of late. Today it's 41 degrees centigrade but it feels like 48 degrees centigrade! I don't know how much worse it will get, but certain areas of Pakistan (Haroonabad) has hit 50 degrees centigrade already. I am lucky to be driving to work in an automatic car with a powerful AC that cools me down in an instant. I see others driving on motorcycles and open horse cart and rickshaws and even cars with windows rolled down. It gets so hot at work that productivity level goes down. I wish I would wear shorts and t-shirts to work.

However, what I don't get is how some people can drink hot tea in such hot temperatures. Contrary to popular belief, the people who I know drink hot tea say it actually cools them down. I am sure there must be a very good reason why the Chinese are fond of drinking warm water and tea at all times (and stay slim too!)

Speaking of the hot sun, I am reminded of a good movie I saw called Sunshine directed by Danny Boyle (who directed Slumdog Millionaire). I should re-watch Sunshine.

See you all!

Mansour 

No comments:

Powered By Blogger