Tuesday, June 07, 2011

Hardees gives you Pleasure Beyond Measure!

Hello friends,

I was one of the first one to scream in delight when I found out Hardees was opening up in Lahore. Hardees, in my opinion, does much better burgers than McDonalds, though Burger King is still the "king" of them all. However, given the lack of choices of good quality burgers in Lahore, Hardees was welcomed with open arms and hungry mouths!

While I love the burgers, I wasn't too happy with Hardees advertising campaigns. Maybe it's just me, but I seem to detect a little bit of sexual innuendos in their advertisement. Take their motto- which I haven't seen in any other Hardees over the world-  "Pleasure Beyond Measure." Now that slogan sounds like some catchy, witty slogan for some condom ad. I recently captured another one of their ad for their hand-scooped ice-cream. The motto here is "Its better when you do it with hands." I am pretty sure someone in the ad agency must have thought to have a play on words and to imply double meaning and equate having a Hardees burger to having an orgasm.

Cheers,

Mansour



No comments:

Powered By Blogger