Tuesday, January 01, 2013

From 2012 to 2013- Happy New Year

Hello friends, 

So we have finally entered the year 2013 and the world didn't end. 

It's been a very eventful 2012 for me, and honestly I don't even remember what resolutions I made in 2012 and this time I have made a resolution to not make any more resolution. I remember something about losing weight, being more diligent in my prayers and giving my best at work among others (I also remember something about reducing my consumption for chocolates and chocolate milk). 

Happy to say I did manage to lose about 8 kgs over Ramadan break and that made a whole lot of difference in my life. People complimented me left right center, and I was able to get back into my pants, jeans and shirts that were becoming tight for me, however, I have not reduced my consumption of chocolates/ chocolate milk. Though happily I've worked my butt off at work and have been asked by my chairman to take over greater responsibilities in place of my immediate boss. On the other hand sadly my diligence for my prayers has been wayward- somedays I manage to pray all 5 prayers on time, other times it not like this. 

However, the highlight of my life has been meeting a new friend B in July 2012 at the gym I go to. There are some people who come into your life for no good reason, while there are others who come into your life and completely turn it upside down and make you a better, happier person. B is one of them. B was the one who recommended I keep a stubble, and from that stubble I managed to keep a goatee. It's been the best suggestion  as much to everyone's surprise, they all loved it and told me I've become a completely different person in a much better way. It's because of him that I started enjoying life and seeing things in a new perspective. Watching movies, doing sheesha, eating out and doing things together has just been wonderful for me. 

In addition to this, I have to say that I enjoyed my annual vacations to Istanbul, Turkey. Having heard so much about it, I just fell in love with the city: the people, the culture, the weather, the food, the sights just the whole experience- including the Turkish Hammam. It was a brilliant trip and Istanbul sits right up there in one of my favorite cities in the world along with San Francisco and Damascus. :-) 

Another highlight of my life in 2012 has been me joining this Supper Club, where a bunch of us foodies get together to eat home cooked meals. We've had two opportunities- where one time we had Mediterranean cuisine and the second time we had oriental food. It will be my turn next and I can't wait to host everyone over at my place. 

I spent last night calling up all my friends world over- from Karachi, to Dubai, to London to USA. I called up others too in Saudi and Africa but calls were not going through. 

I do want to start my blog again, and even though I wish I could blog my heart out, there are two things I will not blog here: my marriage and my work place. However, I will try my level best to take my blog back to what it is was before: fun, informative, realistic, rib cracking and all the rest that goes with it. 

In the meantime, hope you've all have a fabulous 2013!



Mansour 

No comments:

Powered By Blogger