Thursday, September 23, 2004

The One About My New iPod Mini

Hey everyone,

The countdown is finally over. The number of days I had been counting for this past Tuesday to come is finally over. For days I had been dying to get my hands on it. I finally received my iPod Mini!!It is silver in color, with white ear phones. There is also a belt clip to which I can attach my iPod Mini and be on the move. I have also receive a two-year apple protection plan, which means that if anything goes wrong, Apple will fix the iPod Mini!

Having checked out at several shops here in Jeddah, they were being sold out like hot cakes, and at almost double the price than the US. Since my sister was there in the US, I had asked her to get me one from there. Even there, in Cleveland and Houston, the iPod Mini were being sold out. She finally found the iPod Mini from a shop in L.A, California. Having realized what a big thing iPod Mini had become, she went ahead and bought herself one as well!

It is such a cool device….imagine, 1000 songs with you on the go! 1-0-0-0 SONGS! Can you believe that? I certainly couldn’t. I am just dying to get all my songs on there and then using the infamous “shuffle” button, and wait for the next song to come. I think that’s an amazing option to have…not knowing what the next song will be. You could be listening to Harry Belafonte’s Day-O Song, and then get switched to Jennifer Lopez’s latest single, and then get switched to Cyndi Lauper’s Time After Time, and then to Backstreet Boys Quit Playing Games…gosh, I can hardly contain my excitement. What’s even nicer is that the iPod Mini includes a calendar, to-do list, and games and also acts as an external hard disk.

Now all this is really cool, except for the one thing: actually getting the songs onto the iPod Mini.

My Macintosh Power book is an older version and I have not yet upgraded to Mac OS X, and although I have the CD for Mac OS X, it is just taking ages to get that OS onto my computer. I have about 400 songs on my laptop, and I am dying to get those on iPod Mini. My Windows PC is giving me problems as well. It is not really loading the iTunes program from the installation CD I got with the iPod Mini. So, I am sending my PC to the repair shop today!

Whatever it is, I am so excited with the iPod Mini. I cannot wait to use it at the gym, while I am driving and while I am sleeping!

Check out http://www.apple.com/itunes/

While talking on iPod Mini and Apple, you guys have to check out the latest G5 computer from Apple...it is simply amazing,

http://www.apple.com/

and sorry folks, I will have to say this once again:

APPLE RULES ALL THE WAY AND IT LEAVE WINDOWS EATING THE DUST!!! (mansur doing his villanous evil laugh har-har-har!!!)

Take care folks,

Mansur


No comments:

Powered By Blogger