Thursday, June 28, 2007

Road Trips

Hello friends,

I know I have been out of the loop for a while. Things have just got so hectic here with my packing up and leaving Dubai, I don't even know where to begin sharing about my experiences. I finally managed to furnish my apartments at International City, and am waiting now for suitable tenants. Once that's done, then I will get a steady source of income for myself.

Last Friday, a bunch of us went to Abu Dhabi for a road trip, and to check out the Emirates Palace Hotel there. It was my first time to Abu Dhabi, and we all had a great time, checking out the city, hanging out and spending a lot of time at the Emirates Palace Hotel, which indeed is very palatial and much much better than the Burj Al Arab. We checked out the Marina Mall, where we had ice cream, and then later proceeded to the Corniche. Abu Dhabi is about 1.5 hours away from Dubai, and it's a long drive, but with great company in my car, the long drive became all the more worthwhile!


Two days ago, we went to Al Ain to meet up with my friend Sam there. Al Ain was my first time as well, and we had a blast in the car, with loud music, and a video being made. Al Ain was certainly a wonderful road trip, with a lot of greenery and a very idyllic and laid back atmosphere. It almost didn't seem like I was in UAE anymore. At the food court, Sam recommended to us the Egyptian Kofta grill sandwich was surprisingly quite good.

We also celebrated a friend's birthday at TGI Fridays, which also became an opportunity for my small circle of friends to spend our last moments together and share our thoughts. I had them sign a picture frame, in which I would put our pictures.

I am leaving Dubai for good on Saturday morning, and moving back to Lahore, Pakistan. I have very mixed feelings as I prepre myself mentally to go back home and leave my friends behind here.

Mansur

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hey mansur...i also liked the emirates palace hotel a lot...pity i didnt have a nice group of friends to go with. u really seem to have a great circle of friends there.

H

Powered By Blogger