Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Family Politics...!

Hey there,

One of the downsides of living in a joint family system interacting with the extended family is family politics. You are bound to upset someone, hurt someone, rub someone the wrong way, offend someone and you incur their wrath. People love to talk and gossip and slander and backbite. People thrive on such information. People cannot be happy for others. I've been going through a similar situation where someone is maligning me for no good reason and I am hating every little bit of it. What fun is there spreading lies and gossiping about me? Why do I have to hear from random people asking me if the news is true or not? The worst part is that these very people are in my extended family so I cannot go thrash it out with them because then it will create tension between them and my parents which can lead to nasty brawls!

Someone famously said "today's gossip is tomorrow's headlines!" That's so true and what do I do?

M

No comments:

Powered By Blogger