Saturday, October 12, 2013

Starry Starry NIght

One of my all time favorite paintings is Van Gogh's Starry Starry Night. I sort of liked it initially, but a friend in Dubai made me listen to Starry Starry Night by Josh Groban, which is a semi tribute to Van Gogh's genius and insanity (he killed himself eventually!) The painting took on a whole new meaning after listening to the song, and soon after I fell in love with it. It's purely bewitching!


It's a dark painting, but at the same time a very bright one. The small sleepy town is totally engulfed with the bright night sky filled with stars and the glowing moon. A tall structure on the left seems like a large figure over looking the town, protecting it from anything. The lights are on in the houses. But it's the swirling skies that bowls me over. Van Gogh, you were a genius! 

No comments:

Powered By Blogger