Friday, June 02, 2006

Movie :: The Da Vinci Code

Hey friends,

So I finally killed my curiosity and excitement by watching The Da Vinci Code on Wednesday.I was filled with sheer excitement and exhilaration as I decided to watch it right after I finished my work. I could not wait to see it the next day, I had to see the movie the day it was released here!

In my opinion, the movie was exactly how I had imagined it would be when I read the book. The details in the book translated exactly the way it did on the screen. I was just in love with the movie, not to mention my favorite actor Tom Hanks. I assume every one knows what the movie is about, and the less I talk about the plot line and the controversy the better it is for those who havent seen it yet.

I must give credit to all the actors for performing so amazingly well. Tom Hanks plays Robert Langdon, and he manages to eschews out a character totally believable. We are dragged into the whole situation and we trudge along with Langdon as he sets out to solve the clues. In comes Sophie Neveu, played by Audrey Tautou (Amelie), who is a cryptologist. They are both called to the Louvre museum where the curator has been bloodily murdered. One clue leads them to another, which leads them to another, and so they are sent on a wild chase to find out the "holy grail" whose clues are left in paintings done by Leonardo da Vinci.

Silas (Paul Bettany), the albino monk, brings the right about of creepiness and humanity into his character. Sir Leigh Teabing (Ian McKellen) is just the perfect fit for his role as the crippled professor. Bezu (Jean Reno) is hot on the trail to capture Langdon who is the suspect in the murder of the curator. Arigonasa (Alfred Molina) fits his role perfectly.

In short, a highly watchable movie filled with tense moments, and one hell of a roller coaster ride as we start off in Paris, all the way to Zurich, Rome to London! I love adventure movies, but The Da Vinci Code is part adventure, part fictional, part factual and extremely controversial as we led through the expose of who Jesus really was and what the Church covered up for the last 2000 years.

As they say, is the life of Jesus the Greatest Story Ever TOLD, or the Greatest Story Ever SOLD?

You see the movie, do your research and come up with your own conclusions!

Mansur
PS One thing to keep in mind, which the makers of the film are also stressing is that it's fiction. Enjoy The Da Vinci Code as a blockbuster, summer, fun-fare kind of movie. Don't interpret it as a lesson in history or theology.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

so finally u watch it...i have been waiting for ure review so i can decide whether to watch it or not....now finally ill go tomm..hehe

have a safe trip to jeddah

take care
H.A

Mansour said...

I dont think you have to wait for my review. You should go see it anyways. I know you have read the book, and I think they have stayed faithful to the book. I didnt want the movie to end..and was glad it's about 2.5 hours long.

Now I am excited about the sequel to The Da Vinci Code, called The Solomon Key...

Mansur

Anonymous said...

Hey,
I watched it...i loved it..i dont know whats wrong with people who gave this movie bad reviews...i thought all the acting was good and they put it together well coming from a book...neways let them be happy how they want to be..
I didnt know about the sequel...although im not too sure how the story will continue....is it from ne of the other books?

take care
H.A

Mansour said...

The sequel is being written by the author as of now. I think he will put his character Langdon in another mystery, uncovering the truth about some other historical fact. It's not from any of the other books, although Angels and Demons, which is a prequel, is now being considered by film studios to make it into a film.

Mansur

Mansour said...

clarification: sequel as in book form, not movie. dan brown is writing a sequel to the da vinci code book...

Anonymous said...

Interesting site. Useful information. Bookmarked.
»

Powered By Blogger