Friday, August 20, 2004

The One with the First Musing

Dear friends

Musing:

1. To think closely; to study in silence; to meditate. ``Thereon mused he.'' --Chaucer. He mused upon some dangerous plot. --Sir P. Sidney.

2. To be absent in mind; to be so occupied in study or contemplation as not to observe passing scenes or things present; to be in a brown study. --Daniel.3. To wonder. [Obs.] --Spenser. B. Jonson.

(Source: Webster's Revised Unabridged Dictionary, © 1996, 1998 MICRA, Inc.)

Hello there.

This is my first attempt at starting a blog. I was so enamored by various articles in magazines and on the web, that I was tempted to start a blog myself. As I understand, a blog is like a diary- blog is short for weBLOG, right? I posted the definition of "musing" above to clarify the term to those who may not know it well. There are two parts to the definition of musing: one, to meditate and two, to be absent in mind. So if it begins to look like that I am ranting and raving with no apparent logic or sense, understand that it is probably my subconscious that is emerging from my mind onto the computer screen!

To give you a short introduction: my name is Mansur, which means "victorious" in the Arabic language. I am not sure what and where I will be victorious in, since life has brought me down to low levels many times. I still feel that my name is not a mistake, and that I will emerge victorious one day.

I am also not sure how many people will read this, but something is urging me to get out there and post out my thoughts, as a way to give my unspoken thoughts some outlet. I am deliberately keeping my identity hidden, to avoid bringing any disgrace to anyone I know.

My posts will include all kinds of thoughts and ideas, both happy and sad, weird and intelligent. I look forward to writing in more insights soon.

Take care friends,

Mansur

No comments:

Powered By Blogger