Saturday, April 21, 2007

Facebook!

Hey friends,

A friend all the way in the States encouraged me to join Facebook. I was always hesitant, as I was with Orkut and didn't intend to create any profile. I was skeptical of joining yet another online profile community, but upon her insistence, I made a profile, and slowly started adding my family and relative members, as well as friends I grew up in Saudi with. Then I added a blogger friend. Then I added another friend from my high school. Then my class pictures were posted up from as early as grade 6. Surprisingly, I found three friends from there who were on Facebook, and I managed to get in touch with them. I even heard back from them. It certainly is a great feeling to re-connect with old friends and to see how they are doing and what they are upto. It's also a great thing to see what they look like now.

Facebook is a great tool to re-connect with old friends, and to stay in a more regular contact with your new friends too. It's also a faster, more convenient method of staying in frequent touch with each other. So my friend, the one who encouraged me to join Facebook, thanks! You know who you are! And in the same my friend encouraged me, I will encourage you to join Facebook too and stay in touch with me and others!

Mansur

1 comment:

akjfaifjakmk said...

FACEBOOK IS THE GREATEST THING EVERRR..! well at least for us north americans. i've been on it for over a year now, and im loving every freaking moment of it ;)

Powered By Blogger