Monday, April 23, 2007

Hugs For All

Hello friends,

Of late, I have been feeling like doing one thing I have been meaning to do for the longest of time: give hugs. I need to start giving hugs to people and start a chain reaction of people hugging each other. I think it's the best way, the most silent way, to express your feeling for someone. I want to hug the poor beggar on the street to let him he is not unworthy and that I acnowledge his presence. I want to hug the taxi driver, to let him know that I can understand his frustrations as he drives in the madness traffic here. I want to hug the tea boy at the office place who is having a bad day and let him know it's all right. I want to hug the cashier at McDonalds who just had a shouting from her boss. I want to hug people all around me because I know how a random hug from a stranger can make you feel. We live today in times where it's frowned upon for a man to express his feelings in any way or form to anyone else. But I want to break that stereotype and let people know it's all right for a guy to hug another person, be it a guy or a girl.

Today, as I was getting my paperwork done at the Dubai Traffic Department, a very kind, young local woman did very efficient paperwork for me. I so appreciated her ability to do things timely, and efficiently and diligently, I wanted to give her a hug. But she was covered from head to toe in her black abaya, and had only slit openings for eyes to peer out. It would have been wrong for me to hug her, but I wanted to let her know I appreciate her work. lol.

Hugs to you all,

Mansur

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey,
It certainly is a good idea...but its good that u didnt hug her...it would have been a little awkward to say the least...hehehehe....

hope things r well...

-hug-

H.A

Powered By Blogger