Monday, February 05, 2007

Cinema Goers

Hey guys,

There is something that is provoking me to write this post. At the recent screening of Blood Diamond, I was appalled at teh behavior of some of the movie goers. They were continuously talking, texting on their cell phones, getting up and going more than several times during the movie, standing in the aisles talking on their phones and basically talking out loud with each other as if they were watching the movie at home. It wasn't only in Blood Diamond, but almost every movie I have seen. It's understandable in a movie like Superman Returns where the audience scream out in delight, and clap at the end, but with a movie like Blood Diamond, I was a little angry at the way the audience were treating this movie.

These are some of the things that really annoy me:

1. People coming in late at the movies, especially after they have missed the sometimes prelude to the main story in the movie, as in the case of horror movies, where the opening act sets the story. I can't believe people come in this late to miss the entire beginning and are willing to watch the rest of the movie. I could never do that.

2. People talking to each other out the I can hear them two rows down. Why oh why do you have to talk out so loud to disturb the other people?

3. Crying kids! Why do parents bring them in when they know the kids will only make crying noises, and the parent is forced to carry the kid through the entire row?

4. People talking on their phones so loudly I can hear their voice and not the movie! Why oh why? I remember telling one local guy to stop talking so loudly because I could not hear the movie, but he continued to talk, and I turned around and stared at him so sternly till he closed the phone. If it's important, take it outside!

5. People leaving the movie before the movie ends, and when they realized walking down the steps the movie hasn't ended, they end up standing in front of you watching the end of the movie. I was little bit concerned when almost everyone were leaving the cinema when the afterword was coming on at the end of Blood Diamond. What? They don't care about it?

I don't know when the cinema goers will change their attitudes of watching movies in a public place. A cinema is a public place, not a private home. Please respect other people when you are there.

Mansur

No comments:

Powered By Blogger