Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Grammys 2007

Hey friends,

Saw the Grammys last night, not live but the recorded version. I haven't been this excited in a long time to watch the Grammys. The last Grammy nominees CD I got was back in 1997, and never bothered to get one after that. Now, I am getting the Grammy Nominees 2007 CD because there are a lot of good talent.

Here are the highlights for me:

1. James Blunt singing You're Beautiful- he is still my favorite singer- still passionate singing, I got goosebumps listening to the song. Pity he didn't win any awards despite being nominated in five categories.

2. Carried Underwood- she was the American Idol 2005 winner, and it was great to see her winning Best New Artist.

3. Corrine Bailey Rae, John Mayer and John Legend performing on stage all together. Awesome experience.

4. The Dixie Chicks winning major awards. Very surprising since they were not taken seriously after one of the singer claimed she was embarrased President Bush was from her home State of Texas.

5. Mary j. Blige, with 8 nominations, it was a delight to see her perform.

It was a short and fun show, and I am genuinely excited by some of the new singers arriving in the music world.

Mansur

No comments:

Powered By Blogger