Monday, January 17, 2005

The Nightmare of the 1-Bedroom Apartment

Hey again,

I finally found the apartment I was looking for! It has been a nightmare looking for one and I almost lost hope.

Living in Sharjah (which is next to Dubai, which is in UAE), I wanted to get a one bed room (1-bed) apartment (apt) on the Buhairah Lagoon, which has amazing views of the lake and the sea beyond the lake. I spent a whole day looking for flats, and there was not a single building which had 1-bed apt. There were some older buildings which had some available, but the buildings itself were so poorly maintained, it became depressing. So, I checked out another up and coming place in Sharjah, and even there, I did not find any 1 bed apt. The minimum that was available was 2 bedroom, charging exhorbitant prices. Three whole days, and I did not find a place!

Finally one of the real estate agency told me to go to King Faisal street and I saw a new building there, and I immediately went there. The building looked brand new from the outside. I hope my nightmare is over!

The main lobby has black marble, which made it look very classy. Entering the elevator (which was completely new and had that distinct smell) I pressed 5. Upon exiting the elevator, I took a left turn. The passageways had cream/off-white marble which gave a very clean look. There I was, at room 507.

A small passageway led into the main living/dining room. From the passage, on the left is the powder room, and on the right is the kitchen. I was pleasantly surprised to see that the kitchen included a fridge, cooking range and a washing machine. The cabinets were also looking nice. There is a small balcony at the end of the living/dining. There is central A/C as well as centralized gas connection.

Inside the bed room, I have ample space to put one king size bed, one chest of drawers, mirror and a two-door wardrobe, and still have enough space to use a skipping rope! The bathroom is accessed from the bedroom, which means that while in the living room, the bedroom can have its own privacy.

Now comes the part which I love: I get to decorate it. Being an architect, I am going for a simplistic look, for I believe in the Less is More philosophy. I am also sticking to muted shades of chocolate browns, beige and tan colors. The curtains that are included already are off-white/cream colored. I will be sticking to somewhat modern elements, and not old fashion styled furniture.

I will put up the pictures once I get it done.

Wish me luck,

Mansur

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What a great site
»

Powered By Blogger