Sunday, January 30, 2005

Elevator Button-Pushing Pride

Hey all,

I know I have been away from you all so long. I am still in the process of moving in and am having my sofa being delievered in about 35 minutes. Most of my stuff is here and I am quite impressed with myself. Given the budget I had, I think I did a good job of gettingin good stylish furniture in. Of course, I ran around everywhere in Dubai and Sharjah and look for good bargains. If anyone of you are looking for furniture, I recommend you go to Home Center! Amazing stuff!

By the way, I dont know how true this is, but have you noticed how when you enter an elevator, the people who push the floor buttons on the higher floor will push it with a little pride, and then look around in the elevator to see who the people are living below them. I am on the third floor, and there are seven floors in my building. I have seen people entering the elevator, and pressing "7" and then checking out the people in the elevator. Those who push "1" are seen with heads hanging low. I think people here have that sense of superiority: the higher up in a building you are, the more prestigious you are! Baloney!

Anyways, I am off to my third floor!

Mansur

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Keep up the good work
» »

Powered By Blogger