Wednesday, December 22, 2004

The One about the Madness Sale at Mango!

Hey all,

Now that we have recovered from a day of tension from finding out who Button is, I feel more at ease and relaxed!

I took my sister shopping today to Mango, which is a deisgner store. We actually went yesterday but Mango was closed as they were preparing for the sale today. When we got to the store, there was no parking available. I had to park about five minutes walk away. I dropped my sister, parked the car and walked over to the store.

Once I got inside, seeing the whole store from 6ft4 high, all I could see were women in black abayas, scurrying here and there as if the place was on fire. It looked more like a loot sale. Clothes were thrown everywhere, off the racks, on the floor, over the railings-- just about everywhere. I was looking for my sister, and I realized that I am in for a major challenge: from behind, all women look the same. So I had to resort to looking at women in their faces. I was pretty sure they must have been thinking what a pervert I am, checking out the women!

I gave up, even after having close calls with some of the women, and my sister finally found me. I helped her pick out some items, and at the same time, I was looking at the way these women were: haggling, running all over, shouting, screaming, hitting one another, snatching clothes from other women's hands, all the while trying out clothes over their abayas and throwing them everywhere on the floor!

What annoyed me though was how some of the women came earlier, and picked out what they wanted, and then put them on reserve. I saw so many bags, which had clothes, which were reserved for the women who came earlier. It should not be like that; sale should be first come first served basis.

We finally managed to make it out of the madness that was at the sale. I could only think of the sale at Ikea, which resulted in three deaths. I think such situations at stores who have a sale is universal. My sister was sharing with me how people stand so early in line, as early as 6am, to get to the sale at designer stores so they can get the first choice.

Anyway, the important thing is that my sister and I made it back home in one piece!

Yours from-thinking-about-not-attending-anymore-sales,

Mansur

No comments:

Powered By Blogger