Friday, December 24, 2004

The One with the Roller Coaster Ride in Jeddah!

Hey all,

today, history is made in Jeddah. There is a steel roller coaster, that takes the riders upside down three times, while going forward, and then, another three times when coming in reverse! It was an awesome experience for me!

For so many months prior to the opening of the latest theme park in Jeddah, I could see the roller coaster steel tracks being built, and I would say to myself: I am gonna get on that no matter what. It is yellow in color, and consists of three loops: two loops are in the boomerang and another one is a regular loop.

The ride starts by lifting the riders in reverse up the slope, and then once we are at the top, we are released. The riders come rushing down, everyone screaming, and then dash straight up into the first loop, which then curves and goes through another loop-- like a boomerang. Once we are all out of the second loop, we go through the third regular loop and then finally up onto the slope, facing the sky. Screams stop, people give a sigh of relief-- and then you hear some mechanism...and suddenly, whoooooosh!!!! You go through the entire track in reverse!! People screamed more when this happened. I screamed my lungs out, as was my sister. You never know when the loop is coming because everything is behind you!!!

I am sure you must have guessed by now... I have a weakness for roller coasters! I am like a putty, and you can make me do anything, only if I can sit on a roller coaster! Every time I go to the UK, I have to go roller coasters--- where-ever it is. I have a weakness for theme parks and fun fairs as well. I love the atmosphere: people, including me, screaming on rides, the way you can be thrown about in all directions, upside down and downside up, the adrenaline rush, the excitement, the cotton candy, and games, the dodgems cars....and everything else! It is a place where you can be anything you want to--- you have a great reason to scream your soul out and no one will say anything to you (psssst, a great way to relieve your frustrations!!)

Here is the link to the first proper theme park in Jeddah: (to those who live/d in Jeddah, Attalah is not, and was never ever, a theme park!!)

http://www.fakiehgroup.com/shallal.shtml

Do any of you have a favorite roller coaster? Tell me all about it!

yours from having-a-little-sore-throat-from-screaming!

Mansur
PS The following pictures are taken from web, but the track and design of the coaster is exactly the same!

No comments:

Powered By Blogger