Thursday, August 25, 2005

Grendizer!

Hey friends,

My elder brother Sal and I were chatting on MSN tonight, and he had me laughing out so loud, I literally had to control myself from laughing. Thank God he had to leave to pick his daughter up, otherwise I would have gone to the bathroom. Sal hasn't made me laugh this much before, but tonight he just topped it off! I think what he and I talked about brought back a lot of memories from Jeddah! We so wished we could go back and live in those innocent days.

What's the reason? Grendizer!! (I am laughing out loud even now as I type this!)

Grendizer!

As kids growing up in Jeddah, we would be transfixed with arabic cartoons, namely Grendizer. Other's included Majed, the footballer, and Simba the Lion. There is another which I can't place right now, but when two of our friends would be over at our house, all four of us would choose a cartoon character and pretend to be that one. We would grab a packet of milk, and be glued in front of the tv. These cartoons made our day!

Back to Grendizer. I don't know what it is that made Grendizer so special to us. Sal thinks that the music is awesome-- must've brought back memories. I mean, this site has the whole breakdown of Grendizer episodes, the characters, the music and so on. There is one very highly dedicated person out there who seems to have devoted his life to Grendizer.

It's unbelievable. Sal has asked me to tell all my Jeddah friends to check it out, and relive your childhood. Excuse me while I go away laughing away at the rest of the site.

Mansur

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

man I miss grendizer !! I wish I was part of you guys conversations !! I remember those fun days ! I miss them... :(

S.A.

Anonymous said...

Mansur -

I take it that you and Sal have still not eaten the "GRENDIZER" chips they sell in jeddah !
You have to try those someday!

Hahahaha...

Mansour said...

oh goodness...they have grendizer chips...i have yet to try those...loooooool.....maybe sal and I will make it a point to eat grendizer chips. I know of people who like to take stuff from Saudi to whereever they are travelling. I know Tasali chips were really popular.....

Mansour

Anonymous said...

grendizer's effect is really grandising for the '80's jeddah's kids

Powered By Blogger