Sunday, August 21, 2005

Shaving...

Hi all,


I remember reading a study a while ago in Men’s Health, saying that men spend about so many number of years of their lives shaving their faces in front of the mirror (I dont remember the exact figures but it was a double digit, like research has also shown we sleep for a third of our lives!) I for one have always been annoyed with shaving my face.

I remember when I had turned thirteen when my dad helped me shaved for the first time. I had new hair spurting out from my jaw-line and my moustache. It was exciting; it was cool to remove that hair which made me look un-cool. I never realized this would eventually become a routine for me for the rest of my life. I moved on from using the single blade Gillette, to the double Gillette and eventually moved onto the Gillette Mach 3, the triple blades razor. It became a costly thing as well, buying the blades and the shaving cream or gel. One time I tried going back to Gillette 2, and it did not work as well as the 3 blades.

Last year, I was so fed up of standing in front of my bathroom mirror and shave. The hassle of doing it so became irritating. Wetting my face, rubbing the foam, and then shaving down-up, and up-down. My facial hair growth is slow so I shave every three days. I know of people who have to shave every single day. What a chore! So, last year, I went and bought the Philips Aqua Philishave, and that has been wonderful to me.

Today morning, I shaved before getting into the shower, and it gave me such a close shave, almost like the blades. I would usually shave after the shower because your skin pores supposedly opens up because of hot water, thus the removal of hair is easier. I don’t know about that, but today, I shaved before my shower and it was an extremely close shave.

Of course, the easiest thing for me to do is keep a beard, but then my hair growth is slow on my face and I would look like a wannabe mutawa!

Mansur

4 comments:

Mansour said...

there is nothing wrong with having a beard, but I think there is also a call to keep your beard neat and clean, and I have seen some with sporadic beard growth, uneven and hardly maintained. That's what I had in mind. What I was implying was that if I started to keep a beard, I will have a messy growth and a mess on my face. Sure there are some people on whom beard looks great. There is nothing wrong with being a mutawa....all I said was that if I start to keep a beard, I will look like someone who wants to be a mutawa badly!

mansur

MASS said...

you know for a moment i thought your blog wasnt yours and it was this girl's blog,,i freaked out a bit LOL

hey you know i probably never shaved more than 20 times in my life,,so i guess ive been saving a lot of shaving time

hey whatever amount of hair you have on your face,, thats your beard and one ought to grow it,,
yes keeping it clean doesnt mean that it have to be full,,,thats what many people say,,
yet ask your self if you had a full nice thick, soft beard would you let it grow ??

Anonymous said...

Just thank your lucky stars ur not a female!! Just think about what we have to go through with all the 'hair removals' we have to endure. Its torture!

Xena

muscati said...

I hate shaving so much that I grew a beard. Now I just trim it once or twice a year and shave around it to define it every other day.

Shaving is such a hassle. You should be thankful your beard doesn't grow fast and you can shave just once every three days. My beard is so thick it's such a hassle to shave. Even worse I have very sensitive skin so I cut myself every single time I shave and no matter how close I shave, it's never smooth.

Powered By Blogger