Sunday, March 20, 2005

Cup Cakes to Cup Rocks!

Hi friends,

last night I decided to get the chocolate cake mix. I had been meaning to eat some home made chocolate cupcakes. I got home, excitedly mixed the cake mix with water, vegetable oil and three eggs. I used a mug instead of a cup, and so caused for more water in the batter, which turned soupy. I laid out the paper cups on the baking tray. There were 24 cups in all. The paper was so flimsy. I poured the batter in each of the cups, and the batter was so soupy, it started to pour out over some of the paper cups.

I quickly put the tray in the oven, and checked after 30 minutes. They seemed to be doing ok. I left, and rechecked in 15 minutes. They were smelly. They were burnt.

I removed them and tried to prick it with my fork. It would not go through. :( So I tried to cut it with a knife and it would not work. I was so mad at myself. I felt like Veronica from the Archie comics, who would always end up a failure in her cooking! I remember in one of the stories, Veronica bakes some cakes, and they turn out to be extremely hard, her gang uses them as stones to ward off the rude kids who hit the gang with snowballs.

Well, my cup cakes became cup rocks!

Mansur

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hey dont worry about it....first times r like this....hehehe veronica...hehehe yeah i read that one....better luck next time...keep some for me....take care

happy cooking

H.A

Powered By Blogger