Saturday, March 19, 2005

Glasses or no Glasses?

Hey everyone,

when I was about ten, I went with a cousin of mine to the company she was working in London. I did not used to wear glasses then. So when we entered the workplace, a lot of my cousin's friends came over to see who I was. They were mostly female, and all started rambling on saying how cute I am and what an adorable kid I was. My cousin was obviously very proud of me then. She is much older to me. However, I remember one of my cousin's work colleague, who was an African- Britisher. She came up to me, bent down on her knees and looked at me and then looked up to my cousin and said: he's got beautiful light brown eyes.

That was the first time I heard someone say anything like that to me.

I got eyeglasses when I was 16 and have been on glasses since then. I have had numerous styles and shapes and colors of glasses. Man, at one time I even wore red and green frames! I have had framless and thick frames as well...a whole range.

But somehow people tell me I should not wear glasses. They think I should wear contacts, because, as they say, my eyes are very nice to look at. I did wear contacts several times as well, and when I am in contacts, people ask me whether I am wearing colored ones!

Just two days ago, someone told me to not wear glasses. She thought that I was hiding the real me behind the glasses. (Sounds similair to Jassi---if you know who she is!)

So, glasses or no glasses?

Mansur

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Shop at your favorite stores 24 hours a day. Why go to the mall when you can shop online and avoid the traffic

Powered By Blogger