Monday, March 14, 2005

The Meadows

Hi everyone,

sorry for the delay in writing in my blog! I was actually busy with my cousins who had flown in from the UK. They have a place in one of the more posher areas in Dubai: The Meadows! My parents have a house in Meadows as well, but my cousins were actually staying there. I spent two nights with them there. And it was great.

You see, Meadows is a part of a bigger community in Dubai. There is a place called Emirates Living, which comprises of Meadows, Springs, Emirates Hills, Greens amongst others. My cousins live in Phase 9, so that was at the end of the huge complex. At night, I felt like I was in another world and not eveni n Dubai. I think that is because most of the people living here are Britishers, who are working professionals.

The houses in the Meadows range from 3 to 7 bedrooms. I was in a 4 bed room house. There are no garage doors or any main gates. The houses are all lined up, with open gates, pretty much whats its like in the UK and the US. The weather would also be nicer since it is far out in the desert, and walking on the streets woyuld immediately transport you to another place.

I had been wanting to live in Meadows for one night for a long time-- just for the experience. I am glad I had the oppourtunity to do so.

However, if I had the money, my favorite projects in the entire project is called Hattan. They are very practical built houses, very cute, and amazing furniture!

Mansur

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Welcome back Mansur !
I missed you man. Seems like you have had tons of fun in the last few days or weeks ?

Hey, I LOVE the Hattan housing. Its amazing. So primitive yet modern. Looks like they took an old yemeni civilization and turned it into modern housing. Oh gosh ! Those things must be expensive.

Sounds like you are having a great time in Dubai man. Anyways keep it up and more pics would be nice :)

S.A.

Powered By Blogger