Tuesday, March 08, 2005

Extreme Makeover

Hi everyone,

I was watching a program called Extreme Makeover on Reality TV last night. People write to the producers of this program and explain to them why they are eligible for an extreme makeover. They give all sorts of reasons. Last night, there were two women. One who looked 20 years older than her actual age and the other one who had picked on her face so much she was scarred. They were all taken to the top plastic and cosmetic surgeons, had several operations, and then dental work. They had the best hairstylist and deisgner to give them the right fit. A lot of the difference was made with what was done with the face. Eyebrows were lifted, nose reshaped, wrinkles removed, lips made fuller and so on.

I thought about my own face. Now, I know people will say to me that I should be happy with my face because thats the way God has made it to be. They will tell me that I am God's creation and I should not change my face because I will alter God's design. Then there are some people who have had skin problems and accidents (burns, scars, car accidents) whose faces are damaged. They can go ahead and get plastic surgery.

But what if I had a chance? What if there were a possibilty I could change something? I am not talking about extreme makeover, but just one thing.

I wish I had a different nose. There you go! I said it! I am not happy with my nose. I think its too wide. I wish I had a slimmer nose. But I also realize that if I change the shape of my nose, everything on my face will look different and may look out of proportion. I often think what I would look like with a slimmer nose.

Do you think it would be wrong of me to get a nose job?

Mansur

4 comments:

Mansour said...

Hi everyone!

One person is saying to "go for the works!" Another is saying "its stupid...its all vanity." Yet someone else is saying "totally ridiculous!" So that means, according to you all, its two against one; so in other words, I will not get my nose changed-- not that I was thinking about it in the first place!

Thanks for your input though!

Mansur

Mansour said...

hey everyone,

I had no intention of getting anything done. I would not never do anything like this. Some people have the nerve to tell me to get a hair transplant, and I am like NO! You all can rest in peace (not death-kind) that the next time you see me, you will see the same nose!

Mansur

Mansour said...

hey you guys,

I saw the same program last night, and there was someone by the name of Peter, who had horrible teeth-- like vampire's! I saw his transformation, and I literally got up from my sofa and said out loud: OH MY GOOOD!! I so wanted his teeth. There is nothing vain, ridiculous or nonsense about getting my teeth done right. I would like straightening, whitening and leveling of my teeth!

Mansur

Mansour said...

Dr. Ibrahim was a character. Here is my loss: four extractions of teeth, one wisdom tooth under geenral anesthesia, head gear, two fillings, continuous sessions of cleaning, and lots of riyals! He may be a very very nice person, so I am not berating him...just him as a dentist was a little bit too much!

Mansur

Powered By Blogger