Monday, June 27, 2005

Iraq and Iran

Hey friends,

I don't care what the world has to say but I am sick in my heart knowing of what's going on in Iraq. People are dying daily. These figures are high figures. It's no joke to know that another suicide bomber has detonated the car to kill these people. I don't care if the battle is between the Sunnis or the Shias.I just care for the people there, people like you and me, who are stuck in such a difficult position. Their homes are being demolished and destroyed. The young men are being harrased and taken away in the middle of the night. US army are killing people here and there, claiming they were targetting the insurgents. Let's not forget what men and women went through at Abu Ghraib prison.

And then the American President has the nerve to say that Iraq is making progress and people are getting their freedom and liberty. It's really annoying to hear someone say something like that when we all know the reality is far from what the people are told by the US president.

There is now increasing talk within the US by large numbers of people calling for US withdrawal from Iraq. Today's news is that the US have been talking with the insurgents. That's a clear sign that the US is failing it's war in Iraq. I just cannot wait for the US army to leave Iraq.

That will be one day when I will rejoice. I have had just about enough to read about people being killed so senselessly each day.

In Iran, a hard-liner mayor from Tehran has become president. Immediately the US and Israel has claimed that the elections were flawed and rigged. They will of course say that. I do not know what the policies are of the new Iranian president, but I am glad to see him take a strong stance with the Americans. I am glad he has hinted that Iran does not need to depend on the US for any support.

Hope I did not sound too politically heavy to you all. I usually don't write about such stuff, but today, I am just really angry, frustrated and disillusioned with what's happening in Iraq. Maybe I am making it too personal, but Iraqi people are people just like you and me. Their lives is not worth any less than our own.

Mansur

5 comments:

True Faith said...

You have the feelings of most humans in this world.

K Khan said...

Dude, you just pointed out the obvious. I've been listening to the news with half an ear these past few weeks, and two things have been cropping up all the time: lots and lots of bombings and killings in Iraq, then Bush & Blair praising how great the situation is improving there.

K Khan said...

I disagree Hibba. Even though the US/UK invaded Iraq, i think the best thing they can do is to get outta there. Iraq is never going to get on its feet with the US and UK around.

Remember that Iraq prior to the Gulf Wars was quite advanced in technology and brainpower. I'm sure the Iraqis could pull together and move forward if left to themselves.

Mansour said...

As it is now, the US have already made the situation worse than it is already. I think they need to leave, admit they failed and lost the war and just leave the people. It is then that countries like Saudi Arabia, Malaysia and other rich Muslim countries should step in and help Iraqis rebuild their lives. I don't think anybody is THAT naive to believe that the US are really there to help Iraqi rebuild their lives. Why would hey put a 10 year long sanctions if they cared for the children and women of the country? Why would there be so much senseless killings? I think we have enough information out there, some from even the American people themselves, which indicate that the army are not doing the job that was required! They are trained (brainwashed) to kill!

Mansur

Anonymous said...

Very well said man, I totally agree with you.

You summed up everything I felt like saying too!

Powered By Blogger