Thursday, June 30, 2005

Tagged!

Hi,

There is some sort of new game around where bloggers are tagged. It is something like the playground game kids play, where one runs after a group of people and tag them. The tagged person becomes "it" and runs after the other people, the "untagged" ones. So, I have been tagged by "Jowhara's Chamber" and answer these questions.

So, now, I have tagged Xena's World! So, now Xena, take the blue questions and post them on your blog!

* Number of books I own
I have about 100 books or so. Sometimes I give away my books, as in charity, and sometimes I lend my books to people who should have returned my books ages ago!

* Five Books that mean a lot to me
In no particular order:

1. Veronika Decides to Die--- Paulo Coelho
I read this book at the time when I needed to read it the most. It will turn away people from even thinking along the lines of suicide, and in turn appreciate life!

2. Tuesdays With Morrie--- Mitch Albom
Some great life lessons!

3. The Kite Runner--- Khalid Hosseini
I love this book because of the issues dealt between friendships and between son-father. Lots of sub-contexts make it more meaningful to me.

4. Life of Pi--- Yann Martel
The way the protagonist of this book narrates his story, I feel like its my story too (hence my blog title Life of Mansur!)

5. Sophie's World--- Jostein Gaardier
Great book about philosophy, religion and all sorts of -isms and -ologies, all seen through the eyes of a child!

*The book that I am reading for so long but cant finish
Les Miserables by Victor Hugo. I read this way back in school. A friend of mine revived my interest in this book again. Sometimes when you read a book you read a long time ago, it takes on a completely new meaning on a second or third reading!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Tuesdays with Morrie is my favorite book ...I really want 2 read it again ,but I gave it 2 my teacher 2 read it ....it is really a (Some great life lessons!)

Mansour said...

I am glad you liked it. Make sure you read Five People You Meet in Heaven, by the same author. It's also a good book on life, and makes you appreciate life even more!

Mansur

Powered By Blogger