Tuesday, June 07, 2005

Screeaaaam!!

Hi friends,

Several friends and I went out to Al Shallal Park today. If you remember, I put out a post last year about my trip to this new amusement park in Jeddah, with the three-looping roller coaster. We were a group of four girls and two guys. The tickets are for SR 50, but pricey but once inside, all the rides are free.

Dodgem Cars:
While waiting for the previous riders to finish, we observed how calmly and organized the riders were driving their cars. It looked more like a fancy car show, where these people drove their car as if they were dancing in a ballroom: organized, melodious and without hitting one another. Once we all got on, the operator sped the speed up, and we were all whizzing, hitting one another wildly and laughing our heads off. Soon, three Saudi men join us in the arena, and they were hitting two of the girls from our group. It became so obvious they joined us to hit their cars at the girls. So, the other guy friend and I started hitting back atthe Saudi men! Whatever was happening there, we were all just laughing our heads off, speeding like crazy and creating near-fatal situations! A got a knee bruise, Y hurt her back and I hurt my shoulder from all the banging!

Spinning Upside-Down:
We all, save for Y, decided to stay out of this new ride. My sister and I were one side, while D, N and N were on the other side. The whole ride started to spin, and soon, we were lifted up high in the sky. All five of us were screaming atthe top of our lungs, while going around in circles wildly!

Tea-Cups:
All six of us got into one of the tea-cup and spun ourself wildly! We screamed out loud as if we were small kids. The other kids were sitting extremely quietly! I was surprised no one told the girls to sit separately from the guys!

Roller Coaster:
N and I sat right atthe front, and like I described earlier, the experience is amazing. We were lifted from behind up onto the slope, and then released, where we come rushing down, into the loops. At the end of the track, as we are facing up, we go through the entire track in reverse! N and I were laughing continuously, and were laughing even after we exited from the ride.

Swing:
Probably the most boring ride. Everyone, except N, sat on this one, where we sit on this swing seat and then just go round an round. D started to feel sick and went to throw up. Other people started to feel sick. I was the only energetic one.

Pirate Ship:
The last ride for the eveing. Everysone started to feel sick after this ride. N came out with a technique whereby we could control ourself from feeling queasy in our stomachs.

Ice Skating Rink:
No one ice skated, but we observed all these people who were skating there. It was a sight to see: everyone there were falling on their faces or their back! lol!

Everyone started to fall sick after the ship. A got a headache. D wanted to throw up. N and N were dizzy and queasy. Y was all right, but was tired. I was the only in the group who was hungry for more excitement!

It was a fun evening, and if any one of you are planning to visit Jeddah, you have to go to Al-Shallal Park. Another cool thing is that there is no segregation as such. There were male and female employees working side by side, and it was actually so pleasing to see Saudis working all over the complex.

Jilana, if you are out there, I want you to be the next person with whom I sit on the roller coaster!! I am still delirious from my experience today! LOL!

Mansur

5 comments:

Mansour said...

Oh gosh OD....its so awesome to find someone like you who loves roller coasters! I would absolutely love to see the picture of the roller coaster you went on! Believe you me, the tea-cup ride was really fast and we were just spinning like crazy! I need to find a group of people who would love to hang out at amusement parks and not get tired! My friends were tired after going on the rides, and I wanted to ride that roller coaster several more times! =)

M

Mansour said...

Yeah, these tea-cups went fast...Y and A were stumbling after they got out of the cup: they were too dizzy! lol!

There was one carousel there, and N hates them because she associates them with horror movies. So, upon her insistence, we decided not to go on them! I have seen some really elaborate carousels, and I don't think they are boring! I go on them as well. One time at Disneyland, I was the one who got on the carousel, and everyone thought I was being a big baby! lol!

M

M

Anonymous said...

Hey!!! I can't wait. You know how I love roller coasters. I share the same passion as you once I hit an amusement park. But sometimes I wonder if I've lost all this passion and excitement....have not been to an amusement park in ages and I wonder if I'll be able to tolerate all the rides?

Have fun!
Jilana

muscati said...

Hi Mansur

Go to www.flickr.com/photos/muscatiblog I put the picture of the rollercoaster there. It's the first one in the photostream.

I'm crazy about roller coasters. I once went on the Ninja ride in Magic Mountain 11 times in a row.

Mansour said...

11 times in a row!!! Gosh, I need to go with you to an amusement park badly! I think apart from you and Jilana, there is no one I know who would be willing to go on a roller coaster that many times!!!

M

Powered By Blogger