Monday, June 20, 2005

Turning 21!

Hey friends,

I was busy yesterday because my younger sister turned 21! To her, it was a milestone, like it was at 16 and 18.

She went with her Saudi friends to get professional pictures taken. My parents, myself and my sister also got a professional family protrait done. It was a good experience, especially with that Filipino photographer who was smiling and laughing throughout the photo session, which caused us to smile excessively in some of the photos, thereby making us look like small kids!

My parents had got my sister several small gifts, and put it all in a heart shaped box, filled with dry flowers. The camera I got her, which by was Canon Ixus 50, was also place in the box. I also got her the ice-cream cake from Baskin Robbins, her favorite.

We had a family dinner at Toki, where there are two restaurants: Italian and Chinese. We had Chinese, and it was my first time at this really posh restaurant. The owner of this restuarnt also owns Byblos and Bubbles, as well as Laylaty wedding hall.

So, my sister turned 21, and sometimes its hard to believe that she is not my little sister, but a mature, young women now! Sis, happy birthday!

Mansur

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello Mansur, glad to hear you had a nice day yesterday. I agree with hibbalicious, your sister is extremely lucky to have a wonderful and v. caring brother like you. Well done!!

My brother used to remember my birthday, even though I'd only got cards from him. Now, it's up to his wife to remind him. If he's not too busy he'll call, or, as usual, I'll get a card which is signed by him, but I know very well it was chosen by my sister in law. I know my brother loves me alot, but I guess he's not very good at expressing it. Even after we meet after a long time, he's always shy to hug me or show affection. He'll give a quick pat on the back and that's it. Anyhow... I guess that's the way he is, but I still love him lots anyway.

Jilana

Mansour said...

oh gosh, Jilana, my elder brother and my sister are like you and your brother. Even my brother's wife will ask/ remind my bro to call us or send us cards!

Hibbalicious, I am trying to think of which restaurant you are talking about. I know of only one Japanese restaurant in Jeddah, Tempura Yakitori on Sari st.

M

Anonymous said...

hi : mansur ..i agree with ur friend ..ur sister is so lucky ...its wounderful to show ur feeling ..im always saying ( if u have a chance 2 tell someone that u love him/her u have 2 do so or u will lose this chance 4 ever ) ...by the way mansur did u watch that movie called( hom tom )..if yes do u like it?? ..if no pls watch it ..im sure u will like it so much

Mansour said...

Yeah, I have seen Hum Tum. Actually I did not see it when it was released but wacthed it when my sister stayed with me in Dubai. She had the movie, and honestly, I enjoyed watching it. The story-line was really good, and it was very different from the regular films.

M

Powered By Blogger