Wednesday, September 21, 2005

Back...

Hey everyone,

I am back on to the world of blogging. I think I needed the much deserved break after the havoc that my eye had caused. My dad flew into Dubai, and he was downright shocked how leniently I had taken my eye injury. He called up his brother here, and asked which doctor is good. Another called was here to meet my dad, and he was even more horrified to see me in this state: half closed, blood shot colored left eye. I was wincing the whole time I got a lecture about how more serious I should have been with my eye. I got them even more furious when I told them I went to a pharmacy and he told me to use these drops.

So anyways, I went to another doctor, this one a Pakistani. Also, a lot of people balked at the fact that I had shown myself to an Egyptian doctor. So, here I was at this new doctor for a second opinion. This Dr. Ahmad started off by telling me what a miracle it was that I am able to see and that my vision is not damaged, or even completely gone! WHAT? I was certainly shocked now! He told me that had the scratch on my eye even been millimeter closer to my iris, I would have certainly be at least partially blinded. Goodness! He was like thank your lucky stars!

So, that doctor appointment was a big jolt to me. How horrific it would have been if I had actually lost my left eye. Doctor Ahmad told me that the white spot will leave a small mark on my eye, but it will not be visible to someone else who would not know about it. Thank God. I was most scared of having that white spot stay behind.

So now having realized the seriousness of my situation, I have to say to Xena: I should have listened to you from day one! I am sorry I did not. God forbid should anything like this happen next time, I know I can trust Xena's judgment.

Still, I went to the Egyptian doctor today (don't tell anyone!) and he said that the ulcer has been healed, and all we need to do now is get rid of the redness. Golly! Now, I am seeing two doctors, using about six different kinds of eye drops and ointments. I will see Doctor Ahmad tomorrow again, and that should hopefully be it.

A big thank you to all for being patient with me. To all those who left comments in my absence, and to those who checked on my blog while I was away, a thank you!

Oh, also, I have sworn off my contact lens. The last two remaining pairs I had left, I chucked them! I have decided that I will not wear contacts again, except on my engagement day, my wedding day, my kid's first birthday, you get the idea...lol!

You all have a great day!

By the way, who is the anonymous commentor who left me such spaced out "come back" messages?

Mansur

1 comment:

Mansour said...

thanks jawaher! :-)

Hibba...I dont think you would look weird in glasses...there are so many stylish and awesome designs out there...or you can think about getting the Lasik surgery so no contacts or glasses!

Mansur

Powered By Blogger