Friday, September 09, 2005

Me Left Eye

Hey friends,

Last night, as I was removing my contact lenses, I realized that they had somewhat dried up since I was out the whole day. I managed to get the right one out, but the left was bit more difficult. It eventually came out, but while watching The Apprentice later, my left eye was bugging me a whole. I thought maybe I needed to wash out the dirt or something. Or maybe one of my eyelash was stuck under the lid or something.

After watching the show, I checked out my eye, and I noticed a small incision right under my pupil. I freaked out! I had no idea how it got there. It was midnight already, and I did not feel like going out to get my eye checked. I was in constant pain the whole night, and I realized that the only way I could be painless was to keep my head upright. If I tilted my head, there would be a shooting pain from my eye to my ear, jaw and head. So I tried sleeping sitting on my futon. That did not help, and I eventually dozed off lying down.

In the morning today, I could barely open my left eye, as it had become sensitive to the sunlight. Oh no! I had to wear my sunglasses inside my own house. I took a quick shower, and then went to the pharmacy, where the pharmacist gave me strong eye drops with painkiller, and eye patches. I was told to relax my eyes, stay indoor and use the drops for a couple of days.

Now, I already had plans for brunch, and so I had to go wearing my eye patch. Of course I had a lot of questions and explaining to do. I ultimately realized how difficult it is to walk around with one eye. My perception of things changed somewhat as it became difficult to assess distance with one eye only. I was not bi-focal any longer. I understood how difficult it would be for blind people to navigate and make their way around the house and outside of their house.

As it is, my sense of balance is already not perfect because on an imbalance in my inner ear fluids, and so walking with one eye made it all the more confusing. It became very tough, I eventually went against the doctor’s prescription, and removed the eye patch because using one eye created a greater strain on my right eye and created a huge headache. It was funny that the artificial indoor lighting was not hurting me, but as soon as I stepped out, the natural sunlight hurt me so intensely.

I realized more deeply how well designed and perfectly made we human beings are. God's designs are indeed perfect, and I am in awe of God's intricate and complicate design of a human body. No building can ever match the complex structure that is found in the design of a himan body, right from the structure of the DNA upto the perfect proportions of the skeletal structure, to the skin covering the whole skeltal frame, holding all the muscles and body parts inside. It can't get any better than this.

Mansur

6 comments:

Mansour said...

Actually, I also use Johnson & Johnson's Acuvue Weekly ones. They are great, no doubt about it. It was actually my fault because I had them in on Wednesday, and slept in them Wed night, and had them in all day Thursday. I did not go to work today becuase I can't open my left eye at all...it still hurts.

mansur

K Khan said...

Well, i hope your eye gets better Mansur. Your story reminded me of one of my wife's teachers who once told her that you shouldn't wear contact lenses when you go to sleep cos they might go round the back of the eye and get stuck! hehe. It really freaked my wife out.

Jawaher, do you have to wear glasses now?

Mansour said...

Jawaher, I hope your second time works out. I would love to know more about the procedure. What company and who does it? How long does it last? One of my aunts got this laser thing done in Pak and it went perfectly well for her. But like you, I have heard of other unsuccessful attempts. Inshallah, next time, it should work out for you.

Kashif, I dont know how much truth that theory holds, but yeah, I should not have slept in them. Learnt my lesson the hard way! By the way, I am still waiting for my friend to get the recipe for your Hub Soup.

Mansur

Anonymous said...

hey hope u get well soon maybe u should let a doctor take a look at ure eye to be on the safe side...

take care

H.A

Anonymous said...

Well done on a nice blog Blogger. I was searching for information on contact lenses and came across your post Me Left Eye - not quite what I was looking for related to contact lenses but very interesting all the same!

We're all getting ready for Christmas and it will soon be another year. I hope to be completing my studies in opthalmology in 2006 which includes a thesis on upcoming contact lens technology and improved eye health. I'm also planning to take a course on the excima laser, which should be fun.

If you do have a moment, please take a look at my new site on: Contact Lens Reviews .

A merry Christmas to you and yours! Amon

flourish loan said...

Do you need Personal Loan?
Business Cash Loan?
Unsecured Loan
Fast and Simple Loan?
Quick Application Process?
Approvals within 24-72 Hours?
No Hidden Fees Loan?
Funding in less than 1 Week?
Get unsecured working capital?
Email us:(flourishloancredite@gmail.com
Application Form:
=================
Full Name:................
Loan Amount Needed:.
Purpose of loan:.......
Loan Duration:..
Gender:.............
Marital status:....
Location:..........
Home Address:..
City:............
Country:......
Phone:..........
Mobile / Cell:....
Occupation:......
Monthly Income:....
Email us(flourishloancredite@gmail.com)

Powered By Blogger