Wednesday, September 14, 2005

The Jeddah Fountain!

Hey friends,

One of the major highlights, or landmarks, of Jeddah is obviously the fountain itself. It is something that can be seen from almost every corner of Jeddah. It is something that can be seen from the airplane when you fly into Jeddah (depending on which side you are sitting on).

Which is why I was so excited to read the whole story behind the fountain in this special supplement. I really encourage you to read it, for the history behind it is simply fascinating.

I love the fountain. I think it represents the progress of Jeddah. It also represents the artistic side of Jeddah, for Jeddah is truly a city of art, with all the outdoor sculptures and art work, including calligraphers and Quranic verses.

I love the fountain, so much so, I have that as my profile picture!

Mansur

No comments:

Powered By Blogger